From time to time, owners need to move the horse to a new place of residence, go to equestrian competitions, etc. Carriage of horses is a difficult and exciting event for both the animal and the owner.
There are many tips and rules for horse transport, but a horse is a special animal with its own character and disposition, so you need to approach the transportation of your particular horse individually.
We promise high-quality transportation, competent handling of horses, assistance with loading, reasonable prices for the transportation of horses. Horse-drawn vehicles are equipped with a video surveillance system. Transportation of horses from 1 to 4 goals.
We are located at the central Moscow Hippodrome (CMI), Moscow, ul. Running, 22. TO 20.
If you need a contract and reporting documents, write to [email protected], we will send you a contract for the carriage of a horse. You can sign a horse transport agreement both on the day the horse is transported and in advance.
Horse transport (trailer and car) for transportation of horses
We can offer a trailer and horse car. For transportation of two heads - the equipment of your choice, a tractor for a trailer for a passenger minibus. For horse transportation of 3 and 4 goals, a horse car and a trailer work in pairs.
A professional two-horse horse with a side ladder, horses in it ride head back. As practice shows, horses get into the car much better than into the trailer, carry the road easier and behave more calmly in the parking lot or in traffic jams, and it’s easier to step forward. By the way, positioning a horse with its head against the course is much safer than across or diagonally.
In the car there is a lot of space for ammunition and fodder, you can comfortably change clothes at competitions. Places for two accompanying.
The horse trailer of the well-known German brand Böckmann is 60 years of experience in the production of horse trailers. The Germans, as you know, focus on safety and quality, therefore:
- The facilitated entrance for the horse, due to the angle of the ramp and the anti-slip coating,
- Good lighting inside the horse transport,
- Rubber trailer floor with anti-slip system ,,
- Comfortable tail distance between stop and trailer wall at rear
- There is a lot of space ahead, free and convenient access to the reptuha with hay and feeders,
- Anti-panic system - front and rear stops can be quickly and easily removed,
- The trailer optimally holds the road due to the lowered suspension with wheel shock absorbers,
- A well-thought-out ventilation system keeps heat and protects from rain, in summer the mesh helps maintain a comfortable temperature,
- The windows in the trailer are tinted to protect the horse from the sun and reflections (glare) at night,
- The emphasis is forward and back individually regulated, under each horse,
- The trailer has a separate compartment for equipment.
Carriage of horses
Carriage of horses by road is by far the most comfortable and convenient way to transport them. Often it is required to transport a horse from one farm to another, as well as deliver to a competition or exhibition.
Compared to other modes of transport, horse transport with horses has several advantages. Firstly, this method is much cheaper. Secondly, with the correct preparation of the route, you can significantly save time. Thirdly, an automobile can stop at any time, and in the process of transporting horses it must be done every 6-8 hours.
Horse transportation in Russia
The process of transporting horses by road is complicated, it requires a specially equipped car, as well as a driver with significant experience in this area. It is important to create comfortable conditions for animals in order to avoid harm to their health.
There are a number of rules for horse transport:
- Horse transportation in Russia should be carried out on specially equipped batman trailers or buses. Such transport is equipped with a reinforced shock absorber, which softens the shaking from unevenness of the roadway. This is especially important over long distances. It is obligatory for horses to have a fixed fixed hitch.
- Carriage of horses is carried out in a sheeted body. It is better to refuse tarpaulin in the hot summers, stuffiness will not affect the horse’s condition in the best way.
- The legs of the animal are fixed using padded jackets and bandages. It is desirable to cover the body floor with sawdust or straw, this will increase stability.
- Every 6-8 hours, a stop is necessary so that the animal can rest from continuous movement and shaking.
- The physical condition of the horse is significantly affected by its location inside the body. It is best to place the horse along the traffic, but not across.
The company "1st Transport" provides services in the field of transportation of horses, using only reliable equipment and advanced equipment. For us, there are no temporary and geographical obstacles, so we take up orders for the transportation of horses throughout Russia. We try to meet the needs of each client, so the price for the transportation of horses is quite affordable.
How much does horse transportation cost
We are well aware that the prices announced during the carriage of horses must be adequate in the first place and at the same time correspond to a high level of service. As with any other carriage, its cost will be affected by the distance, urgency, number of animals transported, etc. When discussing all the conditions and wishes of the customer, we are ready to give the exact price of horse transportation.
Horse transportation (horse transportation) types
Recently, more and more questions have been raised regarding the transportation of horses on routes from small to long, within the same region, for example, the transportation of horses in Moscow and the Moscow Region, in Russia, the CIS and, of course, to / from Europe.
I would divide them into 4 types, the cost can be seen here:
1. Starts, wheel starts, equestrian competitions. As a rule, there are no special difficulties in the transportation of horses, as the owners know the character, the habits of their pets, how they are loaded into a horse carrier, carry the road, the neighborhood of fellow travelers (often the same ones) and accompany their horse to the place of starts or training. in Moscow and the Moscow region. The only problem is that the horse is not always ready to be in the horse-drawn car upon arrival at the equestrian competition and must be prepared for the additional costs of renting a stall or junction.
2. The move is permanent or temporary. Transportation of horses in case of moving to a new place of residence, visiting a veterinary clinic, horse transportation for the summer to the village, etc. As a rule, everything coincides with the first type, but when transporting a horse in this case, there are more often problems with loading, unloading the horse in a horse carrier, and behavior on the road. One must also be prepared for such difficulties. How to be in this situation, we will try to answer a little later.
3. First trip or negative horse riding experience. Carriage of a horse after purchase or the first ride in a horse carriage, a trip after psychological trauma left by a horse carriage, etc. Here it must be understood that loading is not always the case, horses are transported to Hurray. There are times when a horse flatly refuses to enter a horse carrier, calmly stay in it and it is rare, but it happens that it is completely abandoned transportation in the name of human health, horse health, and conservation of the horse carrier.
There are many ways to get a horse into a horse carrier, but not all of them guarantee a 100% result.
4. Travel, combined flights. Of course, this type allows you to transport a horse inexpensively, the price of horse transportation is attractive, but there is a great risk of not getting on time at the starts (equestrian competitions), a passing horse will not load for the reasons described in the third form. In addition, when transporting a horse in this case, the situation is likely to get injured from fellow travelers, pay for a broken horse, etc.
A sufficiently large number of people do not use passing flights to transport horses over short distances, and here we agree with them. With long trips, you have to sacrifice something, and then it is up to everyone to make their choice, taking into account all the nuances.
And lastly. There are some rules for the transportation of horses, which are especially important for novice horse owners in terms of horse transportation:
And remember that the horse owner is responsible for the health of the horse during loading and unloading, as well as the safety of the horse carrier. The horse must be in transport nails along the entire journey of horse-riding.
Before deciding who to entrust to carry a horse, read reviews about horse carriers, choose those who will transport horses with fresh, working equipment, give preference to those who have experience working with horses and then you will be calm about your pet on the road.
We have an article of 6 tips on how to choose a carrier, read more here.
Place a request and find out the cost of horse transportation anywhere in Russia
Placing a request takes
no more than 1 minute. You
newspaper ads are not required.
Using the bidding system
savings on each
from 10 to 70%.
Warranties and Security
Over 10,000 reliable carriers. Compare
rating, reliability level
and reviews of previous
Recently implemented request No. 1335861
Where to: Boldino village
Cost: 6 000 rub.
Saving: 41% (4 100 rub.)
Customer feedback on the carrier:
“They arrived well Thank you)))”
Over 170,000 carriers
Rules for moving horses
To transport animals across the country or export them abroad, a certain set of documents is required. Each horse must have a passport issued by the All-Russian Research Institute of Horse Breeding or the Equestrian Federation. In these documents, notes are made on the performed treatments and diagnostics.
The transport of animals is controlled by the veterinary service, since there is a danger of the spread of dangerous diseases. For this, a certificate is issued, which indicates information about vaccinations, treatments, and diagnostic tests. Necessary vaccinations for horses:
- against flu (no more than six months),
- from anthrax acts up to a year,
- dermatophytosis - 1 year.
It is also necessary to conduct a study of the horse for a random illness, infectious anemia, glanders. The certificate is also attached by the veterinary service, which indicates the state of the region for infectious encephalitis, foot and mouth disease, glanders, accidental disease, vesicular stomatitis, INAN and rhinopneumonia.
Features of the use of transport
The use of a certain type of transport is based on the features of the terrain, the length of the route and accessibility. Most often used vehicles for transporting horses over short distances. In productive horse breeding, herds are distilled along cattle tracks. They usually follow parallel highways with a distance of 1-2 km.
Search for a carrier with “LIKE EVERYTHING”
Transportation of horses in St. Petersburg is handled by many companies and private carriers. The LUCKY EVERYTHING online service has a database of trusted carriers. The main idea of the resource is to find an artist to transport a horse or any other animal or cargo.
Advantages of searching for carriers using our service:
- only proven and reliable performers who guarantee the safety and timely delivery of the animal,
- after placing the transportation order, the contractors themselves make their proposals. The competitive system makes it possible to save up to 72% on the services of transport companies, since you choose the most advantageous offer,
- horse transportation, as well as transportation of other goods, is insured to ensure additional security,
- The animal can be tracked online.
“LUCK EVERYBODY” significantly saves time when searching for a carrier. To transport a horse just leave a request, get a notification in SMS or by mail about offers of performers, choose the best.
The use of vehicles is advisable exclusively at short distances. If you use it to transport horses for several days, then you need to arrange regular unloading to provide an opportunity for the animal to get fed. For transport use special cars, or ordinary trucks with extended sides.
Recommended transport requirements:
- the presence of windows, air conditioning for constant ventilation,
- reduced vibration
- non-slip flooring
- ease of cleaning and disinfection,
- enough space for the horse,
- the presence of an additional compartment for staff.
The equipment manufactured by KamAZ, URAL, ZIL plants is not suitable for transporting animals, so it is necessary to re-equip the body before transportation. To do this, the wooden boards increase the sides in front and side to a height of 2.2-2.5 meters. You can also use trucks with metal or tent semi-trailers.
It is allowed to transport horses only in a relaxed form.
During the transportation of the horse, the indoor climate must be observed. The temperature regime is especially important - do not allow overcooling in winter and overheating in summer (optimal temperature is 15-20 degrees). Drafts are no less dangerous - vents, doors, ventilation openings should be located so that a direct stream does not blow on the animal. Recommended humidity is 60-75%.
To place the horses in the body should be parallel to its sides with the position of the head in the direction of travel. Although staging is also used transversely, it is possible in this case to fall under sharp braking, which will cause injury to the horse.
For transportation, wagons must be cleaned and disinfected. Loading is carried out on special platforms for cattle. The suitability of the boxes is determined by the veterinarian who also monitors the entire loading process.
Up to 14 heads of horses are loaded into one car, while there should be one free space. Each carriage has two doors, so horses are placed in four rows - one on each side of the door, so that the heads look into the aisle. In this case, it is necessary to place less on one horse in the central rows than in the extreme ones - for the formation of the passage necessary for the personnel.
During the trip it is necessary to provide horses with food and water. It is necessary to have a supply of food and water, for this, canisters are placed in the car, the fodder is placed in bags, and the hay is in bales. Cleaning of cars from manure is carried out only at special stations approved by veterinary supervision. During the transportation of horses, their slaughter is prohibited, even if particularly dangerous pathologies are identified.
Transportation of horses by air is carried out in special containers with dimensions of 3.5x2.5x2.5 meters. Boxes are made of metal, and lined with soft material inside (rubber). Also, the floor is covered with sawdust, straw. Such a container is designed for the simultaneous transport of up to three horses, which are installed across the long side. The narrow boxing space does not allow the horses to lie down during the flight, but the movements are not completely constrained - shifting is allowed.
The use of specialized boxes minimizes injuries during the flight. It supports optimal microclimate indicators - temperature, humidity, air exchange.During the flight, feeding with hay is allowed, but watering and concentrates are excluded - they can be given before loading.
Horse transportation without an accompanying person is not allowed. During the entire flight, personnel should observe the container, if the horse is beating a hoof against the walls, then it should be immediately examined and, if necessary, administered an antipsychotic. The accompanying person must have an appropriate certificate, which is issued upon completion of special courses.
The effect of transportation on horses
Loading in a body, vibration and shaking on bumps, noises provoke a stressful state. Decreased resistance, a sense of fear leads to exhaustion, especially during prolonged transportation. Fatigue is exacerbated due to the continuous load on the skeletal muscles. When loading horses, there are several forms of behavior: normal (they actively go into the body), passive (the horse stops, does not respond well to compulsion), protective (they rise up on their hind legs, shake their heads, beat with a hoof and other signs of aggression).
At short distances, the reaction of excitement in horses predominates, manifested by an increase in heart rate, respiratory movements, horses can react aggressively to touch, shouts. Prolonged movement (over 2 days) leads to inhibition due to excessive fatigue - you can detect a decrease in heart rate and breathing, a slight decrease in temperature.
To prevent transport stress, you can use antipsychotics, sedatives. Their introduction leads to easier loading - horses do not show aggression, passively pass into boxing. During transportation, there is no increased impact on the system, which helps to maintain the main indicators within the normal range.
It should also be transported intermittently. For every 8 hours of travel, there should be 2 hours of rest, during which the animal is watered and fed, and box cleaning.