Neva Masquerade cat is a beautiful and noble breed. To maintain good health of your pet, the owner should properly compile the diet of the animal, taking into account all the characteristics of the breed. Particular attention should be paid to the diet of a small kitten that has recently appeared in the house. After all, the health in adulthood depends on how well the baby will eat.
General Catering Information
The correct way to feed the kitten is the one to which he is used to initially. When purchasing a pet, the breeder must first of all ask what food he ate and try to stick to his usual diet. General recommendations for feeding Neva kittens:
- A diet can consist of both natural products and finished industrial feed.
- If the animal is on natural nutrition, vitamin and mineral complexes should be given additionally. Detailed recommendations regarding nutritional supplements for this breed will be given by a veterinarian.
- The introduction of complementary foods is gradual.
- The recommended dishes for feeding are made of metal, ceramic or glass. These materials do not give food a specific taste and smell, unlike cheap plastic.
- The diet is varied and balanced.
- The number of meals per day and the selection of the menu depend on the age of the kitten.
- Food from the general table is prohibited.
- The best age for complementary foods is 1 month. Previously, a kitten can be transferred to sour-milk products in case of intolerance to mother's milk.
When choosing natural products, it is important to consider that many of them are prohibited at a certain age, and some can’t be given to an animal at all. An important role is played by the correct heat treatment of meat and fish products.
Types of nutrition
Feeding a kitten of a Neva masquerade cat can be of 3 types:
- Industrial feed - The easiest way to feed kittens, very convenient for owners who do not need to spend time separately preparing food for their pet. Production diets are of 2 types - dry (granules) and wet (canned). This type of food is preferred. The feed contains vitamins and mineral elements necessary for the full development of the kitten.
- Organic products - meat, vegetables, dairy products and fish. The disadvantage of this food is that every day the owner will have to cook separately for the kitten. Despite the fact that "naturalka" is considered more natural for cats, it will require additional vitamin supplements.
- Mixed type - a combination of industrial feed with natural products. However, this method of feeding is not recommended by veterinarians, because due to different products, the balance of fats, proteins and carbohydrates may be disturbed, which can lead to serious deviations in the digestive system.
The Danger of Mixed Nutrition
Some owners make a big mistake by giving their pet both industrial food and natural products. On the human side, such a food for a pet is very convenient. When there is no time to cook for a kitten, dry food is poured, if the finished canned food is over or just wanted to treat your pet with something domestic - meat or fish is given.
Many animals enjoy treating themselves alternately with both types of food, but for the body such food carries irreparable harm. Mixed nutrition may result in:
- the development of dysbiosis,
- metabolic disorders,
- imbalance between carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
Overdose of vitamins. Often, from a mixed type of nutrition, hypervitaminosis can develop, especially if the kitten's menu contains fresh fruits and vegetables. Vitamins are contained in a sufficient amount in the finished diet, they also enter the body with natural products.
So their balance is violated: the concentration of certain substances increases significantly, and this, accordingly, is fraught with the development of an extremely unpleasant symptomatic picture and complications. If a person is absent for a long time at home, often leaves for several days, it is better to immediately accustom the pet to industrial feed.
Feeding Neva Masquerade kitten with dry granules and canned goods has its advantages and disadvantages. Advantages of such a diet:
- no need to spend a lot of time preparing food,
- absolutely balanced nutrition, as the feed contains all the vitamins and minerals that are useful for the kitten,
- the ability to leave the pet for several days at home alone - dry food can be stored in a bowl for days.
- Holistic - top-quality feed that meets all the needs of a growing organism. The source of protein is meat. The composition contains probiotics that positively affect the digestive tract of a kitten.
- Super premium - slightly lower in quality and cheaper than holistic. The composition contains vitamins and minerals, berries and fruits.
- Premium - good quality feed. The composition is varied and balanced.
- Economy - giving to babies is not recommended. The composition of such diets is extremely low in vitamins and other beneficial substances. The source of protein are cereals and offal. To make the food more attractive, they add various flavoring additives and enhancers that do not affect the pet's health too well.
To feed the Neva Masquerade breed, it is recommended to use the following brands: Fest Chois, Pro Plan, Akana, Royal Canin.
This species is considered natural for cats, which are predators by nature. Rules for the organization of natural nutrition for kittens:
- prepare new food for your pet every day,
- ensure the correct balance of lipids, proteins and carbohydrates,
- the basis of nutrition is meat, it is also necessary to have fermented milk products in the menu,
- food should not remain in a bowl for a long time, this quickly spoils it,
- observe daily calorie intake, so as not to provoke obesity in the pet,
- introduce additional intake of vitamin-mineral complexes,
- food should be warmed up just before serving.
In the diet of the baby, in addition to meat and dairy products, vegetables and cereals should be present that saturate the body with necessary useful substances.
List of allowed products
In order for the growing furry baby to grow active and healthy, the menu should consist of:
- porridge cooked in milk and water - oatmeal, buckwheat, rice,
- sour milk, with emphasis on cottage cheese, sour cream is allowed no more than 10% fat,
- chicken yolk, it can be served raw or boiled,
- lean meats - turkey, chicken, beef, veal,
- minced beef, it is recommended to add raw yolk to it,
- lean meat broth without salt,
- mild and unsalted soft cheese grated,
- vegetables and fruits.
Meat must be frozen, thawed immediately before serving, or doused with boiling water.
These measures will help eradicate parasites and pathogens that may be present in the product.
What foods are banned and why
In the diet of a Neva masquerade cat there should not be a number of products:
- Fish - This food is unnatural for kittens, because in the wild, cats do not eat it. River varieties are especially dangerous. Under the categorical ban pollock, herring, capelin, sprat. These species harm the health of the kitten. With frequent use of fish, the likelihood of urolithiasis and metabolic disorders increases. Fish, of course, can be given to a kitten, but only marine, non-greasy and in very limited quantities.
- Pork - This meat is strictly prohibited for kittens. It is extremely difficult and takes a long time to digest, and places a heavy strain on the liver. It carries an increased risk of infecting a kitten with helminth eggs.
- Hercules - cereals, which should not be in the diet of a kitten. The product causes fatty degeneration of the liver, often causing allergic reactions.
- Bones from fish, chicken - often cause the kitten to choke. The sharp edges of bone fragments can severely damage the esophagus and stomach, leading to the development of extensive inflammatory processes.
- Pickles, spicy dishes, marinades, spices and spices - The cause of intestinal disorders and metabolic disorders. If the kitten will often receive these products in the diet, there is a likelihood of chronic diseases.
- Legumes - cause fermentation in the intestines, severe flatulence.
- Potato - The cat's digestive system is not able to absorb starch - a substance that is absolutely useless for the animal’s body.
It is strictly forbidden to give a kitten food from a common table and sweets, as they contain preservatives, a lot of salt and spices, which negatively affect the condition and functioning of the digestive tract. Many kittens are happy to “eat up” such food and ask for supplements, but it is strictly forbidden to feed the pet so if the owner wants him to be in good health.
The introduction of complementary foods
At the age of 1 month, the kitten can be gradually weaned from mother's milk. The introduction of complementary foods should be gradual. If for some reason the Neva kitten does not receive mother’s milk, it must be transferred to artificial feeding, which includes:
- goat milk, which must be diluted with water,
- specialized mixes for kittens - Scott, Tyling.
Feeding regimen for baby formula:
- age up to 2 weeks - feed the kitten every 2 hours,
- age 2-4 weeks - every 3 hours,
- the need for night feeding disappears after reaching the age of 3-4 weeks.
Milk substitute. You can use ready-made milk mixtures for feeding kittens. These include cat milk substitutes. As soon as the kitten is 2 weeks old, it can be transferred to the baby formula “O”, but the product should not contain any additives, including sugar. The amount of the mixture per day is up to 50 ml.
As soon as the kitten's eyes open, from the age of 1 month in his diet may be present:
- whole goat milk diluted with water (it is not recommended to give the kittens cow)
- lean beef broth
- minced meat, pre-boiled and mixed with lean broth.
Menu on finished feed:
- specialized cat milk substitute,
- paste for kittens with developmental delays.
It is necessary to feed a kitten at the age of 1 month up to 7 times a day.
The diet with natural products is expanding. The menu consists of:
- milk - goat or whole cow, diluted with water,
- calcined curd,
- dairy products,
- lean beef broth,
- minced meat - boiled and carefully chopped,
- meat - beef, pre-frozen or scalded with boiling water, cut into small pieces.
Kittens that are on industrial food can use infant formula and specialized canned food suitable for age. The feed rate decreases to 6 times a day.
If, at the age of 3 months, the kitten is only weaned from the mother, its new owners need to adhere to the usual menu for the pet for 2 weeks. After that, you can introduce new products. An exemplary diet includes:
- sour milk of minimum fat content,
- calcified curd,
- boiled minced meat,
- beef - raw, past the process of freezing or scalding with boiling water, chopped,
- egg yolk
- grated carrots, apple.
Feeding production diets: canned foods specialized in age, semi-moist foods. Eating is carried out up to 6 times a day.
4 months to six months
This is the period of the pet’s active growth, therefore it needs more vitamins and mineral elements for full development and growth. Menu with natural products:
- dairy products with a predominance of cottage cheese,
- lean meats - in addition to beef, from 4 months you can give rabbit meat and veal,
- fish - only low-fat, marine or oceanic, rarely given as a delicacy,
- beef and poultry offal, only boiled, cut into small pieces,
- eggs - raw, in the form of omelet or boiled, chicken or quail,
- vegetables - in raw form, chopped through a grater.
The list of permitted industrial feeds is expanding. These are pastes, semi-moist and soaked feed. The number of meals is up to 5 times a day.
6 months - 1 year
This period is also accompanied by the active development of the kitten, its gradual transformation into an adult cat. Pet mobility and active muscle gain require a balanced and varied diet. From the age of 6 months, a kitten's taste preferences are formed, so you need to carefully select products if the pet is on natural nutrition. Recommended Menu:
- lean meat - rabbit meat, beef and poultry,
- beef and poultry offal,
- milk - only homemade, diluted with water,
- any dairy products,
- sea and oceanic, low-fat fish, as a rare delicacy - seafood,
- lean meat, fish broths,
- raw, grated vegetables,
- unsweetened fruits
- specialized grass, greens,
- cereals - only if the animal has signs of developmental delay.
An industrial feed ration includes dry pellets, semi-moist and wet feeds. The daily serving size is 140-200 g.
Extra Natural Vitamins and Minerals
If the kitten is on natural nutrition, it is additionally necessary to give him vitamin and mineral complexes. The baby of the Neva masquerade breed should enter nutrients of natural origin in the menu:
- meat and bone meal,
- fish, chicken or beef liver,
- sunflower and olive oil,
- fruits and greens
- brewer's yeast.
The growing body of kittens needs a lot of amino acids. Its natural sources are:
- meat of rabbit, turkey, beef,
- chicken liver and heart,
- ocean fish and shellfish,
- homemade yogurt.
If it is not possible to give your pet natural products, which contain all the necessary substances, you can buy him pharmacy vitamin complexes - omega-3, B vitamins, fish oil.
Acquiring vitamin complexes is recommended only in pet stores. Kittens are strictly forbidden to give any medications, including mineral complexes, intended for humans. They contain useful substances in dosages that are too high, as for an animal.
The use of human vitamins by kittens leads to an excessive load on the liver and kidneys, and causes severe intoxication and serious complications, including death.
Proper utensils and site organization
The kitten of a Neva masquerade cat grows quite slowly, but an adult cat will have rather large dimensions, and this must be taken into account when choosing a place for feeding. You should carefully consider where the pet's bowls will stand, as he will react negatively to the fact that one day the feeding place will be changed.
Suitable materials for bowls:
Optimal volumes. The sides of the bowl should be so high that no food or natural food falls out of it. You need to select the diameter of the bowl. When a kitten eats, his mustache should not touch the sides, as this will greatly annoy the baby, because of which he may refuse to eat food from a bowl.
A Neva breed kitten is a cute, active and inquisitive baby that will grow strong and healthy only if it is properly organized. The diet of the pet can be natural or consist of industrial feed. The main thing is that the menu is full, useful and varied, and the products are of high quality, fresh and containing a sufficient amount of vitamins and mineral elements.
Neva Masquerade requires a lot of hair care. An integral part of this is swimming. Some cats can do without him - they just have to lick. If your cat has any health problems, bathing should be discarded.
You need to bathe a cat in a bath with a small amount of warm water. Use shampoos with care, being careful not to get in the eyes. You can also use baby soap if you do not have cat shampoo.
Caring for kittens also includes swimming, because the kitten can get dirty when you go to the toilet. The most important thing to remember is that for such a cat, combing the hair is simply necessary. The Neva masquerade cat should be combed out with an ordinary metal comb with blunt teeth, in the direction from head to tail.
Wool is updated almost the whole year. Shedding lasts in September-November and February-April. The cat sheds quite a lot - combing is extremely necessary.
The health of the Neva cat is good, and life expectancy is higher than that of other breeds. Proper maintenance and care allow the cat to gain weight up to 8-10 kg. Full development and maturation occurs at the age of five. Neva masquerade dexterous and fearless hunters with well-developed muscles. If the cat’s nutrition is disturbed, the care of the Neva cat is poor, then the animal may begin to have problems. For example, a cat doesn’t eat and her hair is climbing - you need to contact a veterinarian.
One of the common diseases of the Neva Masquerade is a hereditary disease - hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. With this dangerous heart disease, stagnation of blood in the pulmonary vessels is formed. A sick animal experiences shortness of breath and quickly becomes tired. The main danger of this disease is that you are unlikely to be able to determine what it is in the early stages. If this is possible, supportive therapy should be carried out, and the cat will be able to live for a long time. Heart diseases are considered specific diseases of a Neva cat.
Such a breed as the Neva Masquerade cat got its name, primarily because of the original color. The coloring, bright blue pigmentation of the eyes is in many ways similar to Siamese or Thai cat breeds. The muzzle, tail, paws have a dark color or points (marks).
It is believed that this breed is the result of crossing Siamese and Siberian cats. This is one of the largest cat breeds. The weight of males is 8-10 kg, females - 5-6 kg. In terms of size, the Neva masquerade cat is second only to the Maine Coons, the Norwegian forest cat.
The color of Neva cats, according to the breed, can be the most diverse:
- Red point. On the face, body, ears, tail, extremities there are red marks. The main coat color is white, cream.
- Blue point. Fur of cats has a gentle bluish tint.
- Tortoise color (tortie point). A similar color is more common in females than in males. The main color is diluted with red and black spots.
- Force point. The color of these cats resembles the color of a seal. Wool on the case can be from white to brown, ears, mask on the face, legs, tail - black-brown. The tail is most often striped.
- Cream Point. With this color in cats, the fur is decorated with cream-colored marks of various shades.
Important! Kittens of the Neva Masquerade breed are born completely white, due to the absence of a specific gene that prevents the pigment from getting into the hair under the influence of temperatures. Marks characteristic of the color of this breed appear later on the ears, tail, legs and muzzle.
Neva masquerade cats, with proper care and upkeep, have good immunity, good health and can live from 15 to 17 years. It should be noted that in this breed almost no hereditary (genetic) diseases were detected.
This breed can be recommended to everyone who is allergic to animal hair. In the saliva of cats, there are also no enzymes that cause allergic reactions in humans.
Choosing a place and utensils
Neva masquerade cats are not pretentious in grooming, keeping and quite suitable as a pet for beginner breeders. Think over a diet, equip your pet with a place to sleep and rest, purchase bowls, a carry, toys, hygiene products, and other items that are necessary for the comfortable existence of your pet.
Advice! Neva masquerade cats grow quite slowly, therefore, equipping the place for rest and eating, take into account the dimensions of the breed.
Bowls for food and water should always be in the same place. Bowls can be made of plastic, stainless steel, ceramics, glass, but not aluminum, because it contains harmful chemical impurities. When choosing the material of cat dishes, consider the ease of care, quality parameters of products.
For Neva kittens fit:
- wide but not too deep bowls for food, food,
- bowls with several compartments for finished feed,
- deep for water.
Important! During the meal, the kitten’s tendrils, adult cats should not rest against the sides of the bowl.
Pet dishes can be placed on a platform, for example, on a windowsill, bedside table, on a stand or on the floor, if there are no other animals. At the same time, make sure that the kitten does not have to compete for food, since the choice of place and dishes depends on this in many respects.
Natural nutrition (natural diet) according to breeders and veterinarians is more balanced and varied. Despite the fact that preparing a varied menu requires time for the breeders, the owners can be sure of the freshness and quality of the products that their pet receives.
The advantages of a natural one include:
- varied menu, taste variety,
- the ability to adjust the diet,
- control of freshness, composition, food quality.
The disadvantages of the natural diet, in addition to the time spent on cooking, include the fact that before serving the meal for the pet, you need to warm it up. Food should be at room temperature. You also need to correctly calculate the calorie content, nutritional value of portions.
Products for a natural diet:
- Meat. Cats - predators and the basis of their diet should leave meat products. Meat contains protein, essential amino acids, useful minerals, dietary fiber. Nevsky kitten can be given raw meat, chicken mincemeat, low-fat meats (veal, rabbit, lamb), poultry (turkey, chicken). The meat products are given in raw, boiled, stewed form, cut into small portions.
- Dairy products. Yogurts without fillers, additives, kefir, low-fat sour cream, reverse, fermented baked milk, yogurt must be included in the diet of the Neva kitten. Dairy, fermented milk products contain calcium, fatty acids, and other substances that are necessary for the normal growth and development of kittens. Kittens are given milk for up to 4-5 months if this product does not provoke diarrhea. As you grow older, the production of enzymes that are responsible for the absorption of lactose (milk sugar) decreases, so whole milk often causes upset stomach. It is best for kittens to give goat, not cow milk.
- The eggs. Every 5-7 days treat the pet with one boiled yolk or 2-3 quail eggs. Raw eggs can also be given to a pet, but only if you are confident in their freshness and quality.
- Greens, vegetables, fruits. Contain a large number of plant fibers, vitamins, nutrients. The kitten is given vegetables boiled, stewed, baked or raw, cut into small pieces or grated. To assimilate vegetable stew, season with a few drops of vegetable oil.
- Cereals, cereals. Porridge is a source of healthy carbohydrates, so in a small amount they should be present in the diet of a Neva kitten. From cereals give rice, oatmeal, buckwheat. You can cook a mix of two to three cereals. Porridge should be well boiled in water, fish, lean meat broth. They can mix minced meat, meat, vegetables, greens.
To cleanse the stomach, improve peristalsis, veterinarians recommend giving kittens sprouted wheat, oats or special grass for cats, which can be bought at a pet store, veterinary pharmacy.
Natural nutrition is always supplemented with ready-made mineral and vitamin complexes, supplements, and vitamin preparations.
A ready-made diet involves feeding Neva kittens with industrial ready-made wet, dry, semi-moist feeds, canned goods, mousses, mixtures, pastes.
The advantage of this type of food is that you do not need to spend time preparing food, think out a diet, or calculate portions of their calorie content. The manufacturers on the packages indicate the approximate daily allowance for kittens of different age groups.
Important! Kittens should not be fed only wet or only dry food. Soft fragrant pieces reduce the load on the gums, and hard granules and pads harm enamels. Therefore, veterinarians recommend combining dry food with canned food, wet food in the cat's menu.
You can feed Neva kittens, like any other cat breed, exclusively with products marked "For kittens" in the "elite", "premium", "super-premium", "holistic" categories. Note that holivics are intended for feeding animals with a sensitive digestive tract and for kittens prone to food allergies.
The best prepared foods for the Neva breed of kittens: Royal Canin, Acana, Hill’s, Orijen Cat & Kitten, JOSERA Kitten Minette.
Ready-made quality feed:
- They contain all the necessary nutrients, amino acids, minerals, vitamins.
- They can be stored for a long time (dry food).
- Consist of natural quality ingredients.
If you are not indifferent to the health of your furry pet, never feed a kitten with industrial food in the economy category. Do not believe advertising. In such products, despite the fact that kittens eat them with pleasure, they contain low-grade raw materials, salts, preservatives, dyes, flavors, meat and bone meal, soy, and other substances, compounds and ingredients that are harmful to cats.
The disadvantage of the finished diet is that it is more expensive than natural nutrition. Some foods can provoke nutritional allergies.
Mixed diet (combined) - feeding animals with natural products and prepared feeds. This option is quite convenient for cat breeders, but not very useful for kittens and adult animals.
Combination of feeding can cause malfunctions in the digestive tract, cause dysbiosis, hyper-hypovitaminosis (excess, vitamin deficiency). A mixed diet is not suitable for kittens, adults with a sensitive digestive tract.
Sample menu by age
When compiling a diet and an approximate menu by age, consider the digestion of your pet.
In the first 12-14 months of life, veterinarians do not recommend abruptly changing the type of food, violating the regimen, daily routine, and even more so drastically switching from one diet to another.
If necessary, for example, due to health problems, a change in diet should occur gradually. Introduce new foods or feed into the diet in small portions, observing the condition of the pet.
The main nutrition of kittens up to a month is colostrum and mother of cat’s mother with which newborn kittens receive not only useful nutrients, but also protective antibodies.
For artificial feeding, cat milk substitutes are used. You can also feed Neva kittens, starting from 7-10 days with special mixtures for babies without sugar and additives. The mixture is diluted with water several times more than indicated on the package.
The daily norm for monthly kittens is 50-70 ml. Up to 14 days, kittens are fed every two hours without a break for sleep, at the same time. From two weeks to a month, feed small pets every 2-3 hours.
Keep your food at room temperature. After each feeding, gently massage the kitten's belly at the base of the abdomen in a circular motion clockwise.
In 1 month, kittens can be given the first lure. For this, goat milk, boiled minced chicken, meat pastes, mashed potatoes, mousses for small kittens are used.
Excluding mother's milk, kittens are fed 7-8 times a day. Serving size depends on weight, growth rate. The average daily rate is 45-80 gr.
If the kitten is hungry, it squeaks miserably, behaves uneasily, sticks to the finger or nipples of a mom cat. In this case, increase the dose of a single feeding.
At 2 months, kittens still feed on mother's milk, but their diet can be supplemented gradually with new products.
From natural products, small pets are given:
- raw, boiled minced meat,
- dairy products (whole cow, goat milk, kefir, fermented baked milk, yogurt),
- calcined curd,
- chopped, scalded with boiling water, finely chopped meat (chicken, turkey, veal),
- infant formula,
- substitute for cat milk during artificial feeding.
With the finished diet, Neva two-month-old kittens can be given special meat purees, pastes, canned food, mousses marked "For kittens." Daily rates are indicated by the manufacturer on the packaging.
Neva kittens are fed 5-6 times a day for two months. The average daily rate is 50-90 gr. Remember that the digestive tract of two-month-old kittens is vulnerable and any errors in the diet will harm the health and digestion of the little fluffy.
Starting from 3.5-4 months, Neva kittens grow and actively develop. The behavior and taste habits of pets are changing. Therefore, a diet of 4-6 months should be as fortified as possible, of high quality and varied.
Important! During the change of milk teeth, the kitten may have a slightly decreased appetite and often upset stomach. But this is a temporary phenomenon, so do not panic.
At this age, kittens can be accustomed to a certain brand of finished feed. Drying is pre-soaked in warm water, kefir, milk. Give the first time in small portions. You can also feed the kitten with moist, semi-moist ready-made formulations, pastes, canned goods.
Kittens are fed from natural products:
- raw chicken, lean meat,
- milk mixtures, dairy products (cottage cheese, sour cream, kefir, fermented baked milk),
- stewed, raw finely grated vegetables, seasoning them with a small amount of vegetable oil,
- cereals cooked in low-fat broth, milk, water,
- oceanic, marine low-fat boiled fish, clearing the carcass of the bones.
Once a week they give one boiled yolk or two quail eggs. You can also give one raw egg every 8-10 days.
Offal is gradually brought into the diet - chicken hearts, liver, stomachs, calf liver. They are given only in boiled form, mixed with cereals or in pure form finely chopped into portioned slices.
6 months to 1 year
From 6 months to 1 year, the laying of behavioral skills takes place, the skeleton is completely formed, the muscles are strengthened. From six months, the kitten is fed at the same time 3-4 times a day. Gradually increase portions, reducing the frequency of feedings.
Important! At this age, the pet should be accustomed to either natural nutrition, or to a ready-made diet. At the same time, do not forget that new products are introduced gradually and at first give them in limited quantities.
The natural menu includes the following products:
- lean meat (veal, rabbit, lamb, turkey),
- offal in boiled form or after a short heat treatment,
- greens, vegetables, unsweetened fruits,
- dairy products,
- buckwheat, rice, oatmeal, cooked in broths, water,
- marine, oceanic boiled fish of low-fat varieties (tuna, thalapia, pollock, salmon),
Milk can be given to a kitten no more than twice a week, if there is no diarrhea, indigestion.
Until a complete change of milk teeth, if you decide to keep your pet on finished feed, soak dry feed granules in water, kefir, milk. During this period, veterinarians recommend the use of semi-moist, moist, canned industrial feed.
After 8-10 months, the Neva kitten is transferred to two meals a day. The size, calorie content of a serving depends on the weight, activity, individual characteristics of the body.
Regardless of whether the Neva masquerade kitten receives a ready-made diet or naturalka, make sure that in the bowl of the fluffy pet there is always free water in the free access. Give the cat filtered, settled, artesian or bottled water.
Important! When feeding a dryer, the norm of water that a kitten should drink is at least 150-170 g for every 50 g of feed. If the kitten drinks little, dry food as the basis of the diet will not work.
Do not place a bowl of water near food bowls. Change your drinking water at least twice a day, especially during the summer.
Vitamins and Supplements
For activity, health and longevity of a furry pet, do not forget to supplement the natural diet with vitamin preparations, pharmacy complex vitamin-mineral compounds.
Important! During the period of active growth and development, the body of kittens should receive in sufficient quantities all the necessary vitamins (A, C, E, D, B), minerals, amino acids, biologically active substances.
With a natural diet, enrich the diet with vegetable oils (olive, sunflower), dry yeast, fish oil. For ready-made vitamin and mineral complexes, consult a veterinarian.
With ready meals, if the kitten gets dried, moist foods, canned food, vitamins and additives are not given, since, as already noted, it is possible to feed the Neva Masquerade kitten only with “extra” class products. The composition of such feed contains all the necessary substances useful for animal health. At the same time, the finished diet can be varied with herbs, vegetables, fruits, berries.
What you can not feed a Neva kitten
Not all foods and feeds are useful for Neva masquerade kittens, so consider this aspect when creating a ration for a small pet.
Consider what you can not feed the Neva kitten:
- rotten, spoiled food, stale, poor-quality products,
- marinades, smoked meats,
- salty, spicy food,
- fatty meats
- products from our table,
- low-quality prepared feeds of the "economy" class,
- sweets, fresh pastry,
- potatoes, mushrooms, legumes, foods causing flatulence and fermentation in the intestines,
- ready-made food for dogs, adult cats,
- raw freshwater (river), marine, ocean fish, fish with bones.
The diet of the Neva kitten should not have palm oil, corn, barley groats, frozen, fresh meat. You should not give the kitten in large quantities offal, chicken liver, sweet fruits, cereals.
Remember that the food you feed your furry pet must be fresh and room temperature. Meat products and fish are given only after heat treatment. Poultry meat, like fish carcasses, are thoroughly cleaned of bones.
If you notice that the Neva kitten is allergic to any type of food or product, exclude them completely from the diet.